Easy chicken stock
Ruth from Keeping U Nourished, who has recently hosted our What’s in your pantry workshop as well as our Fermentation Workshop has shared her Thermomix recipe for an easy chicken stock.
Cook 2 hrs ∙ Makes around 1.5 litres
- 1.5 litres water
- 1.5 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 chicken foot (optional but gelatinous!)
- 350-400g chicken wings
- 1/2 brown onion, cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- a few sprigs parsley
- a few sprigs thyme
- Place the water and apple cider vinegar into the Thermomix bowl.
- Into the simmering basket add the rest of the ingredients, optional chicken foot and wings first, then the remaining ingredients.
- Insert the basket into the Thermomix bowl.
- If you have a TM31, place the measuring cup on an angle onto the lid or for a TM5, use the measuring cup or place a spare Thermomix simmering basket on top of the lid.
- Cook for 60 min, 100 deg, speed 1.
- Then cook for a further 60 min, 100 deg, speed 1.
- With the aid of the spatula, remove the simmering basket. Allow the stock to cool, then refrigerate.